Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Back from Alaska

Howz it goin guyz??Yup yup...im back from Alaska, the other world of the globe.Itz 0248 now in Singapore while itz 1046 in Alaska.Haha..see the time differences??Singapore iz like 16 hours ahead of Alaska.

So, the flight took about 20 hours.3 hours from Alaska to Portland, 10 hours from Portland to Narita Tokyo and lastly 6 hours from Narita to Singapore.Haha...Pretty sweet huh??Anyway, herez a short updates now the cool trip.

I had never regretted goin for this Alaska trip.Itz the best overseas trainin I had so far in the Army.The weather iz coolin and the place is peaceful and nice.The US Army were friendly too.I had made a couple of friends there, learnin new stuff from them and hearin their experinces from Iraq.It was fun trainin with them.The Army there iz alot difference from ours.They have nice barracks, nice chow hall and the camp is nice too.Which camp in Singapore have a bowlin alley??Which camp in Singapore have a supermarket like "NTUC" and which camp in Singapore have "Burger Kings"??Yup, they have it all there in Fort Wainright.Cool huh??The barracks i was stayin in looks more like a hotel to me.This is the first time in my 5 years of service i get to have the whole room to myself.Yes, one person per room and guess what their "cookhouse" looks like a cafe.Damn....haha....i didnt wanna come back man.

Well, this is just a brief idea of Alaska.There are so many things that are so wonderful and nice.Even 10 post wont be enough for me to describe how Alaska is.Ehmm....I was attached to 52nd Delta Company Anti tank 3rd platoon.They are a bunch of friendly great soldiers.I must really say they are the real soldier.We are not...sigh.

Anyway, special thanks to a couple of them PFC Witfield for drivin us around all the time, PFC Robertson for your endless jokes, LT Ciconnetti for bringin us out.SGT Myer also for driving us around.PFC Tudor and SP Bray who help us the first few days afterwhich they went for courses.And of course everyone in Delta company, you guyz are a bunch of fun and wonderful people.

I guess this exchange programme was a great success and fruitful.I have learnt alot from them and have a insight of what they do in Iraq.Havin to go through some of what they did in Iraq, it was something new.=) I have picked up some American Slang too...hahaha

Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home